Friday, July 23, 2010

3.5 days to Texas

So a good many of you probably saw via Facebook that I came home last night with a severely screwed up wrist (yes, my left one, the one you'll remember has severe soft tissue damage already), a twisted ankle, a pulled calf muscle, and two hyper-extended knees. That's three out of four limbs incapacitated!

All I have to say for myself is that if you pay more attention to what you're doing in Parkour, you're less likely to screw yourself up (gotta keep that "To be and to last" motto in mind). On the other hand, I will miss the Parkour group here in LA but am going to try to hook up with the Texas group.

So far today has been pretty great: I was woken up by a beautiful girl slipping into bed (okay, into couch) next to me, Stevie and I went scrumping for oranges, we (well she more than I) made roasted chicken, found out how to make your own orange oil (who knew it was extremely flammable), planted what will become a lemon tree and submitted my application to The Tiny Life.

Now, I'm going to work on some magic and some other writing and get the place picked up for the weekly dinner party, my *sniffle* last dinner party with these guys for a while.


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment