Friday, July 16, 2010

Back to Parkour

So today I went down to Santa Monica to take some photos so all you nice people can see where I've been. So I wandered around and did some unexpected urban exploring and made it to the pier where I ran into my friend Vince.

Vince is an artist (he does caricatures on the Pier) and is more in the know about the recent switch to the lottery system in Santa Monica. Apparently now what happens is that ten minutes before a shift, the lottery is done for anyone who is there. This is good because it cuts down on having to be somewhere for eight hours, but it is also bad because it means you don't need to wait, so people like the guy dressed like Elmo (holding two Elmo heads) got to sit out there today. Vince put it eloquently:


"It's the beginning of Shit."

And so it is. I'll be doing an update post on Magic Today.

Then there was Parkour, which is fantastic. Made a new friend who may be coming to dinner tomorrow. Speaking of dinner, got free food from the place next to Stevie's work. Was amazing! 


On other news, I'm putting in an application to do some writing for The Tiny Life, a blog that focuses on tiny houses, minimalist living, gardening, and do-it-yourself projects. I've also been trying to contact MetBlogs, but they don't seem to have any reliable way of contacting them. I wanted to try to help out with the Dallas Metblog (because it's shit) but Daniel and Stevie suggested simply making my own blog, so I'll probably be doing that, so keep an eye out for Blogging.DFW coming soon!


tl;dr: Even the book "Philosophy and Twilight" has a hard time coming up with topics. Most of them are on the topics of vegetarianism or who's good for Bella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment