Monday, July 26, 2010

An hour in Denver

Well, made it to Denver International without too much hassle. Professor Peanut is sure getting some awesome looks in his incognito disguise, and my hat has recieved several compliments as well.

The gate my flight is supposed to leave from said the next flight was to Nashville, so I walked up to the desk to ask if this was actually the flight to DFW only to be told, before I asked anything, in a very rude manner that the man behind the counter couldn't help me. I then asked if the next flight was...but that was all I got out before him sighing and saying in a gruff, lispy voice (yes a gruff lisp...shocking) "I don't know" and then proceeded to help the guy behind me. Asshat.

Luckily, the sign behind him changed at that moment, shining the bright light of clarity on the situation. The Nashville flight had left; the next flight was to DFW. Fantastic!

So in just a few hours I'll be back on native soil, probably being the single strangest looking person in the place. Would love to be out scampering over rocks by the ocean instead of stuck on a plane all day, but...

See y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment