Monday, July 5, 2010

Scrumping!!!

So for the last 3 days, I have gotten the opportunity to go scrumping! Now some of you (those of you who don't know me or haven't seen Bill Bailey's stand-up comedy) are asking yourselves right about now: what is scrumping? Is it some sort of strange new plastic or perhaps a hip-new trend that involves the combination of juggling hedgehogs while doing slant rhyme?

No, sadly scrumping usually has little to do with hedgehogs (but more things should involve hedgehogs) and nothing to do with plastic. Scrumping is harvesting fruit from a tree that you don't own. In our instances, the trees were on public property and no one was using the fruit, so no harm done (except for the scratches on my arm from the orange tree.)

So we've managed to get oranges and elderberries. The oranges are amazing, and we are making jam out of the elderberries, very much like we made jam out of the plums that were scrumped from the tree outside the building.

It's all very exciting!

Other than that, I have a friend coming over to do a photo-shoot this evening, which should prove fun. Also I'll be emailing the guy from the studio my copy (read stuff that you put into a brochure) so that I can start teaching lessons there soon.

Anyway, off to take a look at possibly hitting 20,000 words on my novel today, depending if any other scrumping comes up.

Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. It's where all the fruit is.
Shirley MacLaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment